Village & Church Diary
In due course this page will keep you up to date with events around Marden parish (in black) and a little beyond (in blue). If you know of an event that is not listed, please email the diary editor
But for now, please keep up to date with government information and guidance.
1. Ongoing Events
- Until Saturday 7 November: DO YOU SEE WHAT I SEE? - the differences between Maidstone and Nepal through the eyes of our Nepalese Community - exhibition at Maidstone Museum
- Until Thursday 31 December: MAIDSTONE APART TOGETHER - a virtual exhibition of how everyone is feeling and coping in this pandemic - Maidstone Museum
- Until Monday 26 July 2021: BRIDGE WORKS - interactive exhibition by the Rochester Bridge Trust at Maidstone Museum. Maidstone Museum is open, but visitors must wear masks.
2. Regular Events
Every Sunday 10.30 am Morning Service in the Parish Church
Every Sunday 6.30 pm Evening Prayer on Zoom
From Sundays Reflection online
Every Tuesday 10.00 am - 12.00 noon The Parish Church is open for private prayer
Alternate Tuesdays 1.30 pm Oasis Housegroup on Zoom (join by email)
From Wednesdays Service and Talk on Facebook
Every Wednesday 2.00 pm Bible Study and Reflection on Zoom
Every Thursday 10.00 am - 12.00 noon The Parish Church is open for private prayer
Every Friday 10.30 am Virtual Coffee Morning on Zoom
3. Diary Dates
PLEASE NOTE: Any of the following events may have been cancelled. Please check with the organisers
- Tuesday 25 August to Saturday 27 February 2021: PAPER TRAIL -100 pieces of heritage paper, some from Maidstone mills, have been given to 100 artists. Inspired by the year the paper was produced, what have they made? Exhibition at Maidstone Museum
- Friday 11 September to Sunday 20 September: HERITAGE OPEN DAYS - places with unique histories across England throw open their doors, all completely free of charge (PLEASE CHECK THE HERITAGE OPEN DAYS WEBSITE FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION BEFORE YOU VISIT)
Saturday 26 & Sunday 27 September
MARDEN IN BLOOM Scarecrow Safari - theme "Heroes/Heroines"
Sunday 27 September
11.30 (approx) Church Annual Meeting after the Morning Service.
- Wednesday 7 October to Saturday 20 February 2021: LOST SOUNDS OF RURAL ENGLAND - A collection of signalling instruments whose sounds had a specific function, part of 19th century agricultural life in England.Exhibition at Maidstone Museum
Sunday 4 October
10.30 am Harvest Thanksgiving at Marden Parish Church
Tuesday 13 October
Licensing of our new Vicar, Rev'd Nicky Harvey
Unfortunately due to C-19, this has to be a closed ticket-only service.
Saturday 24 October
The concert by the Snowdown Colliery Welfare Male Voice Choir, in aid of the Friends of Marden's Heritage, is postponed to Saturday 17 April 2021
Wednesday 18 November
7.00 pm Marden Working to become a Dementia Friendly Community - meeting at the Vestry Hall
- Saturday 21 November to Saturday 9 January 2021 - TEXTILE TRAVELS - exhibition by the Maidstone Embroiderers' Guild at Maidstone Museum
- Saturday 21 November to Saturday 9 January 2021 - CHANGES OF STATE - exhibition of cast glass sculptures and drawings by Annie Ross at Maidstone Museum
Saturday 28 November
TREE CHARTER DAY - joint event by MARDEN IN BLOOM and Marden Walking Group. Further details to follow
- Saturday 23 January 2021 to Saturday 13 March 2021: THE MOON - stunning interactive exhibition at Maidstone Museum
Wednesday 27 January 2021
Marden Society AGM, Vestry Hall
Saturday 30 January 2021
7.30 pm Friends of Marden's Heritage Winter Quiz in the Memorial Hall
- Saturday 27 March 2021 to Sunday 20 June 2021: MAIDSTONE YOUNG ARTIST EXHIBITION at Maidstone Museum
Saturday 17 April 2021
7.30 pm Concert by the Snowdown Colliery Welfare Male Voice Choir in aid of the Friends of Marden's Heritage. Parish Church
Saturday 5 June 2021
Friends of Marden's Heritage BIG MUSICAL PICNIC on Southons Field
A D V E R T I S E M E N T
The Vestry Hall in the centre of Marden Village is available for hire.
Click here for more information.
Contact diary editor