Sharing God's Love
LENT COURSE 2019 - FROM NOW ON
An inspiring new Lent Course for 2019, based on the hugely popular film THE GREATEST SHOWMAN. The 2018 Golden Globe-nominated movie starring Hugh Jackman, about the founder and stars of the Barnum & Bailey Circus is ideal for Lenten study of Christian themes of hope, redemption and new life.
The five-week course offers discussion points, biblical reflections and prayers
based on short excerpts from the film. The themes are:
(1) 'A Million Dreams', exploring what liberation and hope might look like for an
'outsider' in the world;
(2) 'Come Alive', exploring how the family of faith can bring hope and purpose;
(3) 'Rewrite the stars', asks what forms of resistance can be placed in the way of
(4) 'Never Enough', questions the temptations of false fulfilment that can lead us
(5) 'The Greatest Show', shows how redemption is found when we discover 'the
circus is our home’
Meetings will be in the Vestry Hall, starting with refreshments at 7.30pm, on
Thursday March 14th, 21st and 28th, Tuesday April 2nd and Thursday April 11th.
There will be an opportunity to watch the film together the week before, on either
Monday 4th or Tuesday 5th March at 7pm if you haven’t seen it and would like to!
To book a preview place, and to be advised of venues, please contact: Sarah Emanuel here or phone 01622 832925.
Lent lunches will be served in the Vestry Hall between 12 noon and 2pm on Wednesdays during Lent - commencing 6th March. No charge, but donations very welcome please (Gift Aided if possible) to our Charities of the Month (Embrace in March and Heart of Kent Hospice in April).
Full details of our services for Holy Week and Easter are shown below: